We offer support to our member libraries in planning and implementing services to children and young adults. Melendra Sanders is the Youth Consultant, available at (1-800-432-2796 ext. 143) or by e-mail at email@example.com
- Collection development, weeding and programming assistance
- Children’s & Young Adult policy consulting
- Checkout of Story Time Kits
- Annual workshop on summer reading program and other topics related to Children’s & Young Adult
- Die-cuts – listing of shapes available here.
Summer Reading Program
Every year, the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) produces a national reading program that spans early literacy through adults around a particular theme.
- Children: “Fizz, Boom, Read!”
- Teens: “Spark a Reaction!”
- Adult: “Literary Elements”
Libraries may order posters, bookmarks, reading logs, completion certificates and other basic marketing supplies from us each year in Fall. Then, in February/March the materials are distributed at the annual Summer Reading Program Workshop.
Each library receives a free programming manual from us by the end of the calendar year that provides all kinds of craft, program, kickoff and other ideas around the theme. The manual comes on DVD, but a print manual can be provided upon request.
Libraries can also order additional incentives (water bottles, pins, t-shirts) with the annual theme through the CSLP by signing up for a free account. Each library pays for any additional incentives.