Technology Grant Guidelines
Go to the 2013 online application
1. Technology grants will be given only to legally established libraries within the eight (8) taxing counties.
2. NCKL will match a percentage of the purchase price of hardware and/or software, up to $1000, that will be used to enhance library services. For libraries with operating budgets greater than $10,000, a 50% match is required. For libraries with operating budgets under $10,000, a 25% match is required.
3. The library must have funds on hand to match the amount requested in the grant. These funds may come from ESG, State Aid or local dollars.
4. Grants will be given on a first come/first serve basis until the grant funds are expended.
5. Grant funds can be used to purchase:
- Computers and upgrades, including external storage
- Printers, scanners, copiers or fax machines
- Hubs, switches, routers or firewalls
- Wiring or wireless connectivity
- TVs, monitors, projectors, screens or DVD players
- Digital or video cameras
- Video gaming equipment
- Video conferencing equipment
- Software, including:
- Office Suite
- Reservation/printing management
- Video games
The System purchases licenses for anti-virus and security software for member libraries.
6. Libraries must apply for the grant using the official NCKL Technology Grant Application located on the NCKL website. Requests made by phone, letter or other format will not be considered.
7. Grant application forms are not complete unless accompanied by a quote or other document, such as a flyer or catalog description, with a firm price for the equipment being requested.
8. Libraries receiving grants will be required to report to NCKL by December 16, 2013 on expenditures made for the grant project and supply supporting documentation (e.g. paid invoices). Unencumbered funds must be returned to the System.
Once this documentation is received at the system office, a letter of agreement between NCKL and the requesting library will be sent to the library for board signatures. In order for the Executive Committee to consider the request, this letter must be returned to the NCKL system office in time to be presented at a board meeting. The board meets six times per year, so delays in returning the letter of agreement could delay receipt of the grant funding
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-21479744-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);